This is the only real sunny garden area in my yard so blooms are coming along much more quickly here than anywhere else. I am purposely not showing you any close-ups because I haven't done any weeding here yet and in fact, I STILL haven't finished cutting down some perennials from last year! Life is busy. The poor garden is going to be a little shabby for a while, but as I always say, this is a REALITY garden blog. Fortunately, the plants I grow are all pretty low maintenance and a little neglect won't cause any permanent damage.
If you look closely, you will notice:
- yellow leopard's bane and pink bergenia blooming in the shadier (closer) side of the garden around the birdbath - hooray for their early blooms!!
- several clumps of dwarf purple irises on the sunnier (far) side - they really do need to be divided this year - anyone want some?
- Romance series cherries sporting white blooms on the far edge of the garden, in front of the hoop houses with a few tulips nearby,
- yellow Iceland poppies sprinkled around here and there, just starting to bloom (I yank them out by the handfuls after they bloom or else they will seed everywhere, but a few new surprises each year are always nice to have),
- two gorgeous flowering crabapples (a pink one and a white one) belonging to neighbours on the other side of the back alley which I get to appreciate very much,
- a new fence along the back (left) of the garden which is one reason I'm behind on weeding and plant maintenance...
To see this garden at other times of the year, click here and scroll down.
How is your garden coming along?