Recently I started posting a monthly round-up of useful and interesting articles I've read that are related to beautiful and sustainable gardening in Calgary. Here's what I found for April. If you'd like a more timely update, you can get them in "real time" on my Facebook page.
- Nora shows a picture of vole damage and describes how to prevent it. - Oh! those voles!
- this post highlights hardy and interesting trees for Calgary - It's a Good Day to Plant a Tree
Gardening Zone 3b
- this post describes one easy way of making a new garden bed - Making Your Bed (but I wouldn't recommend this is if you are making a bed next to a pathway or patio, in which case if you don't somehow retain the soil, you will always be sweeping it off your pathway/patio)
- a wonderful Mexican-themed garden is featured - lots of colour and creativity here! - Enchanted evening in Lucinda's cantina garden
- some really great photos of creative edible gardens - Unexpected edible gardens
- some beautiful rain chains - I want one! Design with Weather
- 10 secrets to beautiful outdoor rooms (not gardening photos persay but beautiful, nonetheless!)
- photos of ornamental grasses used in minimalist designs - Ornamental grasses in the landscape
- inspiring trellis/arbour/pergola photos - 12 one-of-a-kind trellis and arbour designs
A Way to Garden
- this is the time of year that every magazine you see has some kind of pat gardening article in it, but I agree with everything in this one! - 7 dirt-cheap tips for your garden